A number of primary schools were doing a project on "The Sea." Kids were asked to draw pictures or write about their experiences. Teachers got together to compare the results and put together some of the 'better' ones.
1. This is a picture of an octopus. It has eight testicles. (Kelly age 6)
2. Some fish are dangerous. Jellyfish can sting. Electric eels can give you a shock. They have to live in caves under the sea where I think they have to plug themselves to chargers. (Christopher age 7)
3. Oysters' balls are called pearls. (James age 6)
4. If you are surrounded by sea you are an Island. If you don't have sea all around you, you are in continent. (Wayne age 7)
5. I think sharks are ugly and mean, and have big teeth, just like Emily Richardson. She's not my friend no more. (Kylie age 6)
6. A dolphin breathes through an asshole on the top of its head. Billy( age 8)
7. My uncle goes out in his boat with pots, and comes back with crabs. (Millie age 6)
8. When ships had sails, they used to use the trade winds to cross the ocean. Sometimes, when the wind didn't blow, the sailors would whistle to make the wind come. My brother said they would be better off eating beans. (William age 7)
9. I like mermaids. They are beautiful, and I like their shiny tails.
How do mermaids get pregnant? (Helen age 6)
10. When you go swimming in the sea, it is very cold, and it makes my willy small. (Kevin age 6)
Tuesday, November 29, 2005
Saturday, November 26, 2005
Our oldest Grand-son, Richard is home for a leave from the Air Force.
He came into our family when our daughter married his Dad 11 years ago.
He was 10 years old when he became our grandson and we love him very much.
Right now, he is stacking firewood outside of the solarium door. I won't have far to go to keep the fire going this winter.
My husband has Rotater Cuff surgery last Monday and cannot stack the wood or do any lifting for at least 6-8 weeks. I have been doing everything... until today!
Thank you, Richard! It's nice to have a grown up Grand-son who is willing to help with the wood and other heavy tasks around the house.
I love you, Richard!
Bama aka Mary Louise
Sunday, November 20, 2005
Friday, November 18, 2005
We have a new Brownie in the family!
She looks just like her Mom did when she was 7 years old!
It was like going back in time when I saw this picture!!!
Lauren is wearing the Brownie hat that her Mom wore so many years ago.
I love you, Lauren!
Bama aka mary Louise
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
Monday, November 14, 2005
Anyone who has ever dressed a child will love this one!
Did you hear about the Texas Teacher who was helping one of her kindergarten students put on his cowboy boots? He asked for help and she could see why.
Even with her pulling and him pushing, the little boots still didn't want to go on. Finally, when the second boot was on, she had worked up a sweat.
She almost cried when the little boy said, "Teacher, they're on the wrong feet." She looked and sure enough, they were. It wasn't any easier pulling the boots off than it was putting them on. She managed to keep her cool as together they worked to get the boots back on - this time on the right feet.
He then announced, "These aren't my boots."
She bit her tongue rather than get right in his face and scream, "Why didn't you say so?" like she wanted to. And, once again she struggled to help him pull the ill-fitting boots off his little feet. No sooner they got the boots off and he said, "They're my brother's boots. My Mom made me wear 'em."
Now she didn't know if she should laugh or cry. But, she mustered up the grace and courage she had left to wrestle the boots on his feet again. Helping him into his coat, she asked, "Now, where are your mittens?" He said,
"I stuffed 'em in the toes of my boots."
Her trial starts next month.