Tuesday, September 28, 2004

GRANDMOTHER AWARD FROM MICHAEL & LAUREN

I just know that I will receive a grandmother award from Michael and Lauren soon!

They were the only children with NO Grandparents at Grandparents day at their school.

I talked to each of them on the phone during the festivities and they sounded so disappointed.

Lauren said;  Bama....I thought you would come........

I felt about an inch high ...if that high!

I explained that we lived 10 hours away now but little people whose hearts are hurting do not know distance.

They only knew that Bama & Papa did not come to Grandparents Day.

They only knew that other children's Grandparents were there.

3 Cheers for us! We feel bad...

I hope they are happy because they reduced their Bama to tears!

 Next year!  I'll plan on being there!

Bama   aka  Mary Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you must have been sad.  My kids have never had a grandparent at grandparents day since we have never been close to grandparents while they were at school.