Wednesday, November 24, 2004

MICHAEL SPEAKS

I enjoyed my visit with my daughter, son-in-law and 2 Grandchildren.

Michael (8), has been stressed over the move to a new city and state and misses his old friends so much.

Who say's that childhood is carefree???

He is feeling lonely and is having trouble making friends. He has never lived anywhere but Richmond and this new place and people are foreign to him.

One evening, he was looking especially stressed. I asked him to come and sit by me on the couch. He snuggled next to me and held my hand so tight.

I asked him if he would like to lay his head in my lap so that I could rub his head and make all his troubles and worries go away.

It took him about 1/4 of a second and he was lying in my lap.

I rubbed his head and his eyebrows and would trail my fingers down his arm to his fingers. I told him that with each stroke of my hand all his troubles and worries were going away and would go out of his fingers.

He fell asleep almost immediately with a smile on his face.

The next night he came to me while I was sitting on the couch and said;

Bama, remember last night when you made all of my troubles and worries go away? 

I said, yes, I do, Michael.

He said; Well, Bama, I think that I am going to need it again Tonight !!!!

While I rubbed his head, he looked up at me and said; Bama, How will I make all my troubles go away after you leave?

I told him that every night when he went to bed that he could rub his eyebrows and forehead 3 times and it would be me making all of his troubles go away.

He seemed satisifed with the answer.

I hope he will always remember when his Bama made all of his troubles and worries go away.

I wish that it could always be this simple for him.

Maybe, one day when he is a 20, 30 or 40 something...He will rub his head and eyebrows at night and feel his Bama making all of his troubles and worries.......... melting  away and going out of his finger tips!

Bama  aka  Mary Louise

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This entry is so sweet.  YOu made tears come to my eyes.  How lucky Michael is to have a "bama" like you and you lucky to have him.  

Anonymous said...

What a good grandma you are!!

Katy

Anonymous said...

ah....so lovely.


I know that my own Bama made me feel better too.