Wednesday, September 28, 2005

THE ALPHABET SONG

Cold and flu season is upon us.

My Doctor said to wash my hands for 20 seconds to kill germs.

I was telling my daughter this one day a few years ago, when my grand daughter said.

Bama, 20 seconds is easy.

It is, I replied?

Yes, she said.

Just wash your hands to the alphabet song. My teacher said that that is long enough to kill germs.

Then she sang it.

A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,LMNOP,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z

NOW I'VE SAID MY ABC'S....

NEXT TIME WON'T YOU SING WITH ME.

I thanked her and the next day...I timed it and it was exactly 20 seconds.

So now, when I wash my hands...I sing the alaphbet song. Mostly, to myself, I don't want the guy's with the straight jacket to come for me!

Smart teacher and smart grand daughter.

Thank you, Jordan.

Bama  aka   Mary Louise

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everytime I wash my hands I will think of the alphabet song. May even sing it. Paula